What we do
Norwich Freemen’s Charity considers financial support for freemen, their children, and widows/widowers.
- Relief in Need grants for household items, repairs and such like
- Educational Grants
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible to apply for a grant from Norwich Freemen’s Charity as an individual if:
- You are a Freeman of the City of Norwich, or
- You are the son or daughter of a Freeman of the City of Norwich, or
- You are the widow or widower (by marriage or civil partnership) of a Freeman of the City of Norwich
- And you are on a low income
How to apply
If you meet these criteria, please contact the grants team to request an application form by:
Telephone:01603 621023 and leave a message
Please ensure we have you name, address and telephone number and specify the type of grant you would like to apply for. We will send the relevant application form to fill out and return to us via email or by post.
You will also be asked to provide evidence of your household income to support your application. If you have a partner that lives with you full time, you will also need to provide evidence of their income.
Our address is:
Norwich Freemen’s Charity
1 Woolgate Court
St Benedicts Street